Monday, July 14, 2008

Late for the Stop 2!

OK. Well, due to school holidays, I am already behind in my learning! Although I cleared my e-mail and had a quick look at Flickr last week, I didn't get a chance to proceed with our assigned work so am now playing catch up this week!

However, when looking at Flickr for the very first time last week....I searched under 'abstract' and found the most amazing piece by an artist under the name of RubyMae titled 'Nothing in particular'. They are abstract images and I just fell in love with them... Have a look at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/djcohen/sets/72157594185176215/

I personally love abstract images and photography so this set of photos was a visual symphony to me, and naturally I felt obligated to leave a comment on the post giving thanks to the contributor for sharing their talent etc. It has already served to encourage me to get out my own digital camera again and I have started work on my creation...which has definitely been inspired and influenced by RubyMae's work!

I'm excited by the prospect of being able to share this creation, once finished, on line with virtual strangers too. I can almost feel an addiction coming on and am left wondering if my employer will pay for rehab due to the fact that I got 'addicted' all in the name of work...!

By exploring Flickr, I am overwhelmed by what is offered on the net and how many features and enhancements are literally available at our fingertips to use for our own online photo albums and memories. There is definitely no excuse now for me to not back up my personal collection of digital photographs off my own computer for safekeeping which is something I have been 'meaning to do' for years!

No comments: